Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mar Vanwa Tyalieva Forum Index -> Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Subcreator
Tûr

re: Behavior and Expectations of Members

What do we expect from you in Mar Vanwa Tyalieva?

When you wear the name of MVT over your head you must keep in mind that you are always a reprsentative of our kinship. We expect you to act in such a way that people who meet you say, "wow, what a great kin that must be" and not "wow, I'm going to avoid that kin from now on". In an online medium, our words carry great weight and are the main method by which we interact with others. Thus we expect our members to always think before typing. Treat others with respect. Never punch down when making a joke. Always assume the best of others unless you are proven otherwise. And even then, do not engage in behavior that is demeaning or abusive to others.

We love drama, but we prefer to keep it where it belongs: in character.

We embrace a philosophy of giving generously of our resources, skills, time and knowledge to our fellow Kin members. Such generosity should be given freely, without expectation or ultimatum. When you give freely you are more likely to receive freely in return. If you're thinking either "great, a bunch of suckers!" or "no! my precious resources!" this kin is not for you.

While MVT does not require our members to RP, we strive to create an environment where all our members can be immersed in the game world. As such we request that you refrain from immersion-breaking names. You do not need to craft a meticulous Sindarin name for your Elf or research Anglo-Saxon names for your Rohirrim, but it should at least be an actual name and not a joke or pop-culture reference.

Recruitment

MVT is always recruiting. That is, we are always on the lookout for new folks who share our kinship philosophy and will be a good fit for our community. We reserve the right to reject the application of anyone who does not seem to be a good fit. We try to maintain high standards for our community, but also love to meet new people. All members are welcome to recruit, but only an officer can make an invitation.

You can apply to MVT through the application here on the website or directly with an officer in game. If you have applied through the website you will be contacted by an officer for a chat before acceptance. If you've talked directly to an officer and have already joined the kin in game, you will want to submit an application to get website access anyway.

Officers

MVT encourages our members to take the initiative to support the kinship through leadership and organization. After all, the founders of MVT don't want to do everything. Helping fellow members, organizing events and groups, being active in the server community... all of these things might get you noticed and offered an officer position. If you like responsibility we want to give it to you!

My character's names are based on jazz musicians of the 1920s. Not exactly current pop culture, but I hope it's OK.

Subcreator
Tûr

From what I've seen, your characters have names that are names as opposed to say Drizzzzt or Avengingbananaslug. (No offense to Mr. Avengingbananaslug of Ithil who I'm sure is a nice person, but wouldn't belong in our kin.) And of course, Hobbits can get away with quite a lot more than Elves. Look at Bingo.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum